At the end of the hallway...

…It’s just standing there. I-I don’t know what more I can say. It’s just… Standing. It lunges at me. I don’t move, I just move my face to the side. I can feel it’s cold, raspy breath on my face. I let it stay there, I know that if I don’t move, it can’t hurt me. It takes 10 long minutes for it to stop. You may be wondering why I’m so calm about it. The truth is, I know what it is. It feeds off my fear. It can’t really hurt me. It only becomes physical if I show fear to it. If I don’t, all it can do is torture me in my head. But, once again, if I show it fear, it will become solid matter, and not just for me, but for everyone. If I show it fear, we’re all dead. Me, my family, my friends, even people across the world. So, I wait. And I wait. And it transports itself to the end of the hallway. It stares. Even though I can’t see its eyes as of its long black cloak, I still know it’s staring at me. It mutters its last words, at least for now. “I’ll be back” and it fades into thin air.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lurch

The Prof

Pursuit