Ghost Town: Chapter 1

I lay on the floor. I wonder secretly to myself, Why did I come here? The truth is, I don’t even know the answer myself. I just hope it can’t read minds. That may sound like a joke, but it is not. But first, let me tell you how I got here. It started 10 months ago. . . “He is just a boy!” Mother cried. “He is a FREAK!” Father screamed. They were chatting about me. I don’t like them chatting about me, as Father is the main speaker, and he never has anything nice to say about me. “I say we send him to the circus!” Father said aloud. He was talking about me much more brutally than usual. Why, you ask? As I have been gifted with a special ability. They call it ‘Syconosis’ It is a very special condition, no, not like some syndromes or things like that, it is more of an ability. What does it do, you ask? It allows you to, no joke, see and communicate with ghosts, no, not like a movie like Paranorman or something like that, really. And the truth is, Father doesn’t believe me. But Mother does, as she has syconosis herself, but the way Father reacts, she doesn’t want to tell him. He doesn’t believe one bit. But what happens next will make him believe, whether he wants to or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Incidents

The Lab

Lurch